Intermediate Pipeline Integrity Engineer
|Location:||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Job Type:||Direct Hire|
Talascend is currently seeking a Pipeline Integrity Engineer for a direct hire opportunity located in Calgary, Canada
· Development and/or audit of Integrity Management Plans to address all integrity or specific threats
· Development and/or audit of detailed procedures facilitating the development and implementation of all aspects of the Integrity Management Plan or portions thereof
· Deterministic and probabilistic based engineering assessments to determine immediate and long term integrity of metal loss, crack-like and deformation related defects detected by intelligent in-line inspection tools or in the field during excavation programs
· Creating reports
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Certified Engineering Technologist
· Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
· Pipeline (engineering) experience with emphasis in Operations
· Pipeline related defects (corrosion, cracking, dents, manufacturing)
· In-line inspection technologies and associated data
· Defect, remaining life and risk assessment techniques
· Failure analysis and fitness for service assessment
· Integrity management program development
· Canadian/US standards and regulations pertaining to Pipeline Integrity
· NDE procedures (magnetic particle inspection; ultrasonic inspection, mechanical damage profiling
· Metallurgical sample preparation and metallography
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and respect deadlines
· Ability to compile data and prepare reports
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer E/O/E.
Share this Job
For over 65 years, Talascend has been at the leading edge of recruiting in the technical sector. From our global offices on four continents, we match first class talent with the best job opportunities in Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing, Healthcare and IT.
Learn more about Talascend.