Hevy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanic / Technician B
|Location:||Latham, New York, United States|
Talascend is currently seeking a Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanic/Technician B for a contract opportunity located in Latham , NY.
Talascend SL has been retained by a client with a fleet of Commercial Trucks to present qualified Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Technicians / Mechanics for Mid, and Master-level Technician opportunities in Latham, NY (New York). Ranked among Fortune 500 companies, this safety-oriented company is expanding their workforce nationwide. This fast growing company caters to more than 10 million customers across 40 of the 50 States. These Diesel Mechanic/Technician positions are career opportunities, starting as contract positions (~5 months) to possible direct hire. We are proud to say that a good percent of our contractors are hired direct by our client. Maybe you’ll be next?
The Master Diesel Mechanic / Technician B will perform duties consisting of:
- Preventative Maintenance (PM) on heavy duty Class 8 trucks including scheduled engine maintenance and emissions testing.
- Troubleshooting the source of breakdowns using diagnostic methods/tools
- Drive train, suspension and steering system repairs
- Advanced-level repairs on electrical, hydraulic, air brake, body, heating/air conditioning and valve systems
- Some body work and welding
- Master-level Technicians are responsible for the more complex repairs.
- Ideal candidates for the Technician openings will have 3+ years of experience as a Mechanic working on heavy duty class 8 trucks, in addition to:
- Safety-mindset with knowledge and experience applying OSHA standards
- ASE T4 Brakes
- ASE T5 Suspension and Steering
- ASE T6 Electrical/Electronic
- ASE T8 PMI
- Experience with PM/repair on fleet of commercial trucks (preferred)
- Additional relevant ASE Certifications (preferred)
- CDL Class B license (preferred).
- Our client has a strong focus on employee development and morale.
- Those selected for direct hire will be eligible for a progressive compensation and benefits package (tuition reimbursement, 401K, paid training, etc.) Opportunity for growth and paid overtime is available.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.