Talascend is currently seeking a Cad Operator for a contract opportunity in Strongsville, OH
- Under supervision, prepare construction drawings required to support the installation of electronic special systems (fire alarm, security, access control, and other low voltage specialty systems)
- Electronic systems drawings will typically consist of items such as floor plan layouts, riser diagrams, electrical interconnections drawings and installation terminations.
- Prepare submittal documentation (i.e. data sheets, battery calculations)
- Maintain project drawing files, and associated records and documentation tracking & maintaining as-built drawings.
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as assisting engineers in our office to unpack, program and test electronic equipment after it has been designed.
- The candidate must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Candidates must be fully able to walk up a step ladder, carry/disassemble/mount equipment in our office, read/understand warning signs/instructions.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD (version 2018 or higher).
- Must be proficient using Windows based software and MS office 2000 or higher (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Someone with a little bit of experience in the construction field. More along with electrical or mechanical construction, not electronic board layouts.
- Someone that has been in the business world.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- (Previous training/experience in electronics is not required, but is a plus).
- Additional experience and/or training, such as Revitt/BIM, Photoshop, etc. is not required, but is a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation