Talascend is currently seeking an Electronics Assembler for a contract opportunity in Millersville, MD
Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Electronics Assembler, routes, wires, assembles and installs electrical and electronic components in military sonar systems and commercial equipment according to specifications, using fixtures and jigs, hand tools and equipment. Reads work instructions, drawings and specifications to determine assembly methods. Solders surface mount components to printed wiring using microscopes and hand soldering devices.
- Responsible for assembling and handling products, equipment and materials per engineering and company's quality system procedures.
- Perform program specific tasks as required to ensure compliance to individual program requirements. Assemble printed wiring boards from engineering drawings and sketches using surface mount hardware, soldering irons and microscope.
- Cut wire to specified lengths, using wire cutters.
- Cut plastic sleeves and slip sleeves over wire ends to insulate connections.
- Crimp terminal eyelets and lugs to wire ends, using hand or machine crimping device.
- Route, comb, twist, wrap, tie and attach wire to terminal points, according to layout, using soldering iron and hand tools.
- Connect wiring to accessories, such as connectors, circuit breakers, plugs and switches and install accessory assemblies in electrical or electronic units, using soldering iron and hand tools.
- Conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical assemblies, components, wire harness and plugs, using ohmmeter, test lights and other electrical testing instruments.
- Pot or encapsulate electrical and electronic components and assemblies.
- Follow company procedures for corrective action. Notify Production supervisor if a defect is identified to obtain guidance and assistance in resolving the problem.
- Responsible for following procedures for product assembly/fabrication, equipment operation and sound safety requirements as documented in the company's quality system.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience preferred in related field, but not necessary.
- Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Ability read and interpret work instructions, engineering drawings and sketches and specifications to determine assembly methods for electrical and electronic components.
- Ability to follow instructions; ability to mentally visualize and comprehend all aspects of assembling equipment or tooling problem and understand the interrelationships of factors affecting a situation.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Ability to comprehend and apply modern fabrication and assembly techniques and machine shop practices and techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally; good interpersonal skills; pays attention to detail; and ability to meet deadlines.
- Exerts up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 to 25 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Excellent manual dexterity is required to operate the technical instruments and equipment appropriate to assembly.
- Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers constantly in handling tools and equipment necessary to assemble and install electrical and electronics components in military sonar systems and commercial equipment.
- Also, working on computers and other office equipment.
- Employee occasionally stands and/or walks and reaches with hands and arms in moving tools, equipment and/or products.
- Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
- Directly provides support to the Engineering and Operations Departments.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation