Lead Demand and Asset Planner
Talascend is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Lead Demand and Asset Planner for a contract opportunity in Nebraska City, Nebraska:
Job Description: The purpose of the role is to create and maintain a valid demand plan that can be passed to the supply planning teams after validation and that the process of transferring the demand into SAP occurs in a timely manner.
- Work with all key stakeholders to create, gain buy-in, finalize and publish an unconstrained demand plan that gives a full and valid representation of the demand.
- Monitor effective use of appropriate tools, such as Siebel, Champ, etc. in order to ensure best possible inputs to the Demand Plan
- Maintain monthly orders data/MIS (at factory) required for historical analysis. Conducts historical analysis using forecasting software/APO, historical data correction, statistical analysis, and building sales/marketing intelligence in the statistical output to create the demand plan.
- Facilitate the Pole/Region Demand Planning meeting for assigned products, ensuring all products are covered with appropriate preparation and recording of attendance and minutes. Ensuring effective management of:
- Forecast changes (including new products), rationale for forecast changes, assumptions & assumption changes, opportunities & risks.
- Determination of additional forecast changes required to achieve consensus.
- Ensure approved Demand Plan contains unit quantities and external revenue dollarization.
- Provide monthly Demand Packet, including the agreed Demand Plan to relevant factories, with appropriate explanation on changes and backup details. Ensure Demand is loaded via APO where relevant on a timely basis.
- Ensure a strong link from Demand Plan to Supply Plan, with monthly Forecast Pass-down meetings in place with the Factory along with regular weekly reviews on booking status vs forecast, raising the flag on any concerns. Ensure all Risk order demands are clearly identified, tracked and closed out on a timely basis
- Actively participate in product portfolio review meetings, review product performance, gathering marketing intelligence for demand plan creation. Support Phase-in / Phase-Out process.
- Measure Forecast Accuracy (MAPE & BIAS) and maintain Forecast Waterfall charts for respective products and at Pole/Region level. Facilitate a meeting to review top Forecast accuracy misses with development and reporting of appropriate RCCA.
- Ensure Effective and timely escalation of demand and supply concerns that could pose business risk.
Qualifications / Experience:
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Bachelors degree in business or supply chain management (or equivalent work experience) required.
- Good knowledge of the Business and all aspects of Supply Chain processes, including a strong working knowledge of forecasting, cycle time reduction, and measurement techniques.
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills required
- Advanced SAP System Skills preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation