IT Systems Administration Support Engineer
Talascend is currently seeking an IT Systems Administration Support Engineer for an opportunity with a Tier1 Automotive Supplier in Auburn Hills, MI.
The Candidate will be responsible to configure and support Servers and Network resources operations for Software Development projects execution
- Define Server resources requirement to support software build process with their global Headquarters
- Install and Configure Server Software Operation system such as Ubuntu
- Support Operation System SW updates
- Define Software Backup and Recovery procedures and Perform audits of execution
- Perform as window to their global Headquarters on Servers support process
- Support SW and licenses installation required for projects
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Four or more year’s Servers Administration and Network Administration experience.
- Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting Languages such as: Shell(s), Make or Python
- Hands on Knowledge of Linux Ubuntu Operation system and Ubuntu Administration
- Knowledge of Android Platform DevOps tool chain is desired
- Knowledge Network Configuration(s) and Network Security aspects, Sub Networks isolation
- Sub networks, DMZ, DHCP, DNS
- Users management synchronization with Windows Domain controller (LDAP)
- Firewalls, VPN
- Knowledge of Production Servers configuration and support (Dell as an example)
- Ubuntu OS SW Installation and Upgrades process
- Periodical system Patching (monthly base), Licenses updates
- Disk Array and its Back up configuration knowledge
- Network Configuration & Users configuration LDAP, VPN - on demand
- New Server & VM allocation (on demand) – configuration of Ubuntu System Software
- Knowledge Servers utilization measurements and recommendations to improve
- Experience for Automotive industry to manage DevOps is good to have
- Japanese communication is preferred
BS in Computer Science or equivalent
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation