Telecoms: Sr. Telecoms Engineer - Houston TX
Talascend is currently seeking a Sr. Telecoms Engineer for a contract opportunity located in Houston, TX.
Our client is currently seeking an Sr. Telecommunications Engineer based in the Houston, TX area to work on opportunities with network and telecommunications engineering in one of their core vertical markets of electric utilities and oil & gas. Must have 6+ years of experience with the detailed design, planning, implementation and deployment of telecommunications infrastructure and technology. Specific experience with microwave, two-way radio, and point to multipoint wireless telecom projects for electric utilities, oil and gas companies, railroads, and/or public safety organizations is highly desired. Experience with commercial wireless carriers deploying voice and data networks will be considered. Must have practical experience in leading project-based engineering teams and acting as the point of contact between vendors, clients, and sub-contractors.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited university.
- Willingness to travel up to 25 percent of the time
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Strong work ethic and cultural fit
- Project experience within target industries (Oil & Gas, Electric Utility)
- P.E. stamp highly desired but not required.
- Experience in consulting engineering environment
- Experience with microwave/mobile radio/point to multipoint system planning, design, and implementation
- Understand RF propagation modeling, coverage planning, and how to use current coverage planning software. Experience with Pathloss and/or EDX a plus.
- Have experience with field coverage testing and verification
- Be familiar with the FCC Part 90 & 101 rules and regulations
- Experience with FCC auctioned spectrum (220 & 700 MHz) a plus
- Understand mobile data applications and use/deployment of new and innovative broadband wireless systems and techniques (LTE) to support mobile data applications
- Understand antenna systems including the use of combiners, multi-couplers and sophisticated distributed antenna systems and solutions
- Be willing to work with the L&W sales team to support the development of proposals for future sales
- Be willing to spend time in the field to accomplish the goals of our clients
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Visio
- Understanding of IP Networking and MPLS. CCNA certification a plus.
- Offshore telecommunications front-end engineering design experience
- Experience with fire detection, CCTV, access control, and intrusion detection systems design
Our client provides world class strategic planning and consulting, engineering and project/construction management for the design/build of telecommunications systems comprised of multiple technologies and supporting various applications for our clients, including wired/wireless networks, TDM/IP transport, land mobile radio, field area networks, and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation