Talascend is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity in Smyrna, Tennessee.
- Provides engineering support for the development, production, and quality of new and current manufactured vehicles within assigned area at manufacturing plants.
- Communicates with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and other affiliates to propose and implement countermeasures for quality, manufacturing, and field concerns within assigned area.
- Assists manufacturing plants and suppliers in identifying cost saving methods while improving quality.
- Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
- Produces and maintains equipment and manufacturing process sheets describing installation of assigned parts.
- Determines and approves optimum process equipment for assigned area; reviews and updates process sheets or inspection standards for part changes or manufacturing concerns within assigned area.
- Conducts cost studies for new processes or equipment; performs audits in assigned area to resolve any open issues.
- Analyzes various quality and warranty reports to investigate production and customer satisfaction concerns.
- Conducts engineering trials on new model launches to identify equipment and part fit issues.
- Participates in plant trial for current and new models to develop and improve material and process aids or new process equipment.
- Works with suppliers to ensure required or recommended design changes do not have a negative impact on quality or manufacturing process.
- Recommends design changes which would lower cost and aid in manufacturing of parts for new and existing models.
- Implements design notes including functional approvals, new part approval, and final authorization for initiating shipping.
- Provides support for new model launches by developing tooling specifications, conducting trials, and following production and quality concerns in assigned area.
- Occasional day or overnight travel, including international travel. Extended travel may be required if assigned to new programs.
A four-year degree (Engineering, Industrial Technology or Engineering Technology preferred)
Two to five years of related experience at a professional level.
Basic knowledge of assigned areas; process equipment and flow knowledge.
Working knowledge of quality control assessment such as statistical process control.
Ability to understand part, sub-assembly or system dimensional layouts.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation