Mechanical Engineer IT/Navigation Head Unit
Talascend is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer IT/Navigation Head Unit for a contract opportunity in Farmington Hills, MI
- Application, design and development of company Audio/IT/Navigation systems and related components to meet vehicle program specifications, deliverables and timing while maintaining company Safe Launch release processes.
- Complete and support quality investigations and develop appropriate countermeasures to reduce warranty or improve IQS.
- Develop and execute cost reduction ideas to reduce or improve value for Audio / IT / Navigation components.
- Applying basic automotive knowledge of Audio / IT / Navigation technologies for design, application and release of company Audio / IT / Navigation system and components for multiple vehicle programs.
- Support system software, communication and configuration development for Audio / IT / Navigation electronics.
- Managing and completing vehicle layout reviews of the Audio / IT / Navigation systems and related components within the CAD system.
- Knowledge of using CAD to lay out Audio/IT/Navigation components in a vehicle is preferred, knowledge of NX CAD is desirable.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with internal R&D teams, suppliers, manufacturing and other company affiliates
- Have strong computer aptitude and ability to generate material related to the job using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of vehicle development process/timing and program management skills to support Audio / IT / Navigation system and component application, design and release activities.
- Bachelor degree (EE or ME) required, 1-3-year experience is preferred.
- Willingness to travel internationally/domestically.
- Travel time will include overnight stays and will be determined as required by vehicle program support and needs.
- Willingness to work overtime as necessary to complete job.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multilingual environment, and across several time zones.
- Must be self-motivated, outgoing, able to work with minimal direction and be able to critically think/problem solve to support effective decision making.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation