Talascend is currently seeking a Construction Estimator for a contract opportunity located in Rochester, NY.
This position will be serving the Telecom Business and will assist in preparation of lump sum, unit rate, cost plus and conceptual cost estimates and analysis.
- Responsible for estimate coordination and consolidation for all required cost components for all complete estimate.
- Reviews design scopes and develop quantities and or bill of materials.
- Performs productivity analysis with construction to help establish timelines and an execution strategy.
- Develops direct labor and subcontractor cost and associated indirect cost for estimates.
- Prepares contingency, escalation and reconciliation for estimates.
- Performs comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects.
- Prepares management presentations.
- Updates and maintain historical cost data.
- Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggest alternatives where appropriate.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience is required.
- BS or MS graduate in Construction Management or related field is preferred, but not required
- Field/On-site construction experience
- Electrical background and/or knowledge
- Outside Plant (OSP) background and/or knowledge
- Complex estimating principles/procedures
- Cost principles/procedures
- Mathematical skills
- Project design scopes
- Consulting skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpret and understand specifications and contracts
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation