Talascend is currently seeking a Field Engineer for a contract opportunity located in Pueblo, CO.
This is an 11.5-month short-term assignment with a 4-10s schedule. The work hours are from 6:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Thursday or Tuesday-Friday. This position may require additional overtime hours as deemed necessary.
Receives supervision and direction from SDC Lead STR/PFE
Performs various subcontract management tasks including, but not limited to:
- Perform and document inspections.
- Take progress photos for the FCC package.
- Working with subcontractors, FCC team, environmental engineering to assemble turnover packages.
- Implementation of Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs) as applicable to construction.
- Review and respond to contractor’s technical queries and coordinate with Engineering Department on technical issues.
- Prepare daily reports for the FCC package.
- Participate in construction progress and scheduling meetings.
- Participate in walk-downs and inspections and prepare punch lists in support of system turnovers, and Facility Construction Certification (FCC).
- Conduct surveillances and inspections for compliance with contract documents, submittals and applicable code and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and report on compliance with design, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
- Interface with the FCC subcontractor, and other SDC departments and functions for planning of and creation of FCC turnover packages.
- Support the safety culture by performing observations and verifying implementation of safety policies and procedures of the project with Subcontractors.
- Participate in Subcontractor Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) inspections.
- Support the Construction Quality Program including generation and submittal of subcontract Quality Verification Documentation (QVDs) as part of the FCC package, ensure team compliance with project requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in related or similar related discipline and 6 years of progressive professional experience in subcontracts management and field engineering.
- In lieu of a degree, 12 years of related progressive professional in construction supervision, field engineering, and management of civil construction subcontracts.
- Must be a US Citizen. (Dual citizenship will be subject to Project approval.)
- Environmental Compliance Inspection.
- Construction Methods and Processes.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolds. Able to wear a fall protection harness as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized and able to create a document filing system.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications in accordance with current client Standard Application Program standards
- Good understanding of related construction industry codes and standards
- Experience working with subcontractors
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation