Parts Quality Engineer
Talascend is currently seeking a Parts Quality Engineer for a contract opportunity in Farmington, MI
We are currently looking for a Parts Quality Engineer to join our team in Farmington Hills, MI. This role will be responsible for providing engineering support for the development, production, and quality of new and current manufactured vehicles within assigned area at NNA manufacturing plants. Communicating with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and other affiliates to propose and implement countermeasures for quality, manufacturing, and field concerns within assigned area. Assisting manufacturing plants and suppliers in identifying cost saving methods while improving quality. Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
- Responsible for supplier plant quality and field warranty concerns as they relate to production purchased electrical, interior, exterior trim, chassis, body components and systems.
- Communicates with suppliers to ensure assigned parts meet company quality standards; reviews supplier's assembly processes and offers improvement suggestions; works with suppliers to eliminate repetitive quality concerns and establish permanent countermeasures; rates suppliers based on response to quality issues.
- Provides engineering support for current model and minor model vehicles.
- The PQE Engineer must be able to multitask and stay focused on proactive activities while meeting reactive responsibilities that are tied to the immediate needs of production.
- Communicates with global technical teams to ensure part and system design intent complies with requirements of NNA manufacturing processes; identifies design and quality concerns and provides feedback to product design teams to facilitate development of countermeasures; works with suppliers to ensure required or recommended design changes do not have a negative impact on quality or manufacturing process; ensures design changes are adopted in a timely manner.
- Acts as a member of technical teams for body, electrical, chassis and exterior trim components and systems; functional trials, and quality system development.
- Reviews supplier processes for process change requests and facility site transfer trials and gives production part approval based on Alliance New Parts Quality Procedure (ANPQP) requirements.
- Supports cost reduction activities validating impact to quality; supports continuous improvement to supplier processes and designs to reduce costs and defects; works with other departments and affiliates to solve technical issues.
- Reduces warranty on vehicles through supplier quality investigations, process improvements, and robust countermeasures.
- BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Mechanical or Electrical preferred) from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (preferably automotive).
- Strong proven problem solving ability.
- Ability to work with and understand engineering drawing specification and requirements.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality control processes.
- Experience with tooling and how it affects parts.
- Good understanding of vehicle build. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and other PC applications, or mainframe applications to resolve complex problems in day to day situations.
- Willing to travel up to 40% for occasional day or overnight support.
- Must meet requirements for MR1 level or possess equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge of assigned areas; process equipment and flow knowledge.
- Excellent verbal, written communication/problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of quality control assessment.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.