Senior Control Systems Engineer
Talascend is currently seeking a Senior Control Systems Engineer for a contract opportunity located in Oak Ridge, TN.
Senior Control Systems Engineer responsible for developing standard Engineering deliverables including Logic diagrams, functional block diagrams, Instrument data sheets and material requisitions. Additional duties will include reviewing of other discipline deliverables, vendor submittal reviews and providing direction to more junior level engineers/drafters.
The UPF project has multiple work schedules that are subject to change and may require employees to work overtime and/or nightshift when a business need arises. The core construction working hours are between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Work schedule and overtime are to be approved in advance by supervisors.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
- Performs high level Control Systems engineering activities. Responsibilities will include the review of and input to P&ID's, preparation of Logic diagrams, functional block diagrams, Instrument data sheets etc.
- Will also be responsible for preparation of specifications, material requisitions, data sheets and selection of instruments based on system application requirements and the review of vendor drawings to ensure proper interface and compliance with the technical requirements.
- Review of other discipline drawings and coordination with other disciplines will also be essential among this engineer's duties.
- Prepares instrument index and I/O list using automated tools, vendor inputs and client input as applicable. Works under the direction of more senior engineers/EGS and may have more junior level engineers/drafters subordinates.
- Responsible to produce high level and conceptual drawings and documentation within the discipline in accordance with established conceptual design and scope. Conducts checking as required.
- Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and customer design requirements, for the preparation of Control Systems design documents, specifications, material requisitions and system descriptions related to design tasks.
- Achieves EPC-PI work process improvement and promotes continuous work process improvement.
- The Engineer shall champion non-proprietary electronic data interchange and integrate automation technology where ever practical.
- Must express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Development of physical and electronic security designs. Supporting implementation of cyber security requirements.
- Coordination with construction and startup in resolution of field issues.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer or Electro-Mech engineering from an accredited institution with 6 years of relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, 12 or more years of relevant experience.
- Must have 6 years of experience in Control Systems Engineering developing documentation for Conceptual, Preliminary or Final Design.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
- Familiar with design of nuclear facilities.
- Hands on Microsoft office programs and other computer programs.
- Candidate has excellent written and oral communication abilities along with effective presentation skills. Experience with nuclear safety class and safety significant systems.
- Demonstrated field experience with control systems interfaces and startup.
- MS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer or Electro-Mech engineering from an accredited institution with 4 years of relevant experience.
- Previous client and/or DOD or DOE project experience
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint Cybersecurity experience
- Radiation detection and monitoring experience
- Professional registration (PE) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- B Cert - Engineering
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.