Talascend is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for a contract opportunity located in Oak Ridge, TN.
The UPF project has multiple work schedules that are subject to change and may require employees to work overtime and/or nightshift when a business need arises. The core construction working hours are between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Work schedule and overtime are to be approved in advance by supervisors.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
Performs Electrical Controls engineering, activities, which may include the use of SETROUTE, BlockDraw, and equipment procurement. Individual must have extensive understanding of all engineering discipline drawings and electrical discipline wiring diagrams, control logic diagrams, system descriptions, and schematics, and be able to determine cable sizing. Individual shall be able to develop material requisitions and specifications for equipment where deviations from standard documentation is required. Perform special tasks, studies and user guides as requested by the EGS.
Responsible to produce basic and higher-tier drawings and documentation in accordance with established conceptual design and scope. Conducts checking as required. Properly interprets and applies codes and standards and customer design requirements, for the preparation of electrical design documents, specifications, material requisitions and system descriptions related to design tasks. Ability to cope with conflicting deadlines, frequent interruptions and multiple tasks. Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
Must be a self-starter and capable of independent creative design, with direction, using client and industry proven concepts, and procedures. Must work well with others, other disciplines, and groups. Must understand electronic Cable Management Systems, such as SETROUTE, and be able to input and complete corrections to the database.
- BS degree in electrical engineering with 3 years of related electrical design experience; or MS degree in electrical engineering and 1 year of related electrical design experience. In lieu of a degree, 9 or more years of experience.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
- Hands on Microsoft office programs and other computer programs Knowledge and application of NEC code and ANSI/IEEE Standards
- Knowledge on electrical systems, schematics and electrical equipment layouts.
- Familiar with industry wide electrical design tools, such as CAD 2D and electronic Cable Management System Excellent oral & written communications skills
- PE Registration
- Experience in Electrical Engineering developing documentation for Conceptual, Preliminary and Final Design Experience with SETROUTE and BlockDraw
- Previous client and/or DOD or DOE project experience B Cert - Engineering
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.