Talascend is currently seeking an Electrical Designer for a contract opportunity located in Oak Ridge, TN.
The UPF project has multiple work schedules that are subject to change and may require employees to work overtime and/or nightshift when a business need arises. The core construction working hours are between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Work schedule and overtime are to be approved in advance by supervisors.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
- Electrical Physical (and circuit and raceway) design activities for raceway design, equipment location and layout, C&R schedule inputting and update using Setroute, conduit and raceway design.
- Responsible to produce lower and higher tier - tier drawings and documentation in accordance with established conceptual design and scope, including design of lighting, grounding layout, grounding designs/calculations and lightning protection systems.
- Develops specifications for equipment and material where deviation from standard documentation is required. Responsibilities also include ensuring that the electrical systems designs comply with all applicable installation codes, regulations and standards.
- May interface with Construction and Subcontractors.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of independent creative design, with direction, using client and industry proven concepts, and procedures.
- Must have proven 2D MicroStation CADD, SmartSketch and S3D skills for modelling and raceway design activities.
- Must have experience with an electronic Cable Management System, such as the SETROUTE program, and be able to input and complete corrections to the data base.
- Works under the direction of one or more senior engineers/EGS.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, and work well with others, other disciplines and within a team. Must know how to use computer programs such as the Microsoft WINDOWS suite of programs.
- Ability to cope with conflicting deadline, frequent interruptions and multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
- AA/AS degree with 5 years of related design experience; in lieu of education High School diploma or equivalent and 9 years related design experience.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
- Hands-on Microsoft office programs and other computer programs Familiar with the application of NEC code and ANSI/IEEE Standards.
- Familiar with electrical systems, schematics and electrical equipment layouts.
- Hands-on experience using industry wide electrical design/drafting tools, such as CAD 2D, cable designing and routing software Familiar with design of nuclear facilities.
- Excellent oral & written communications skills Preferred Qualifications.
- BS degree in electrical engineering ora related field with 3 years of related design experience.
- Hands-on experience with SETROUTE program, and be able to input and complete corrections in the data base Hands-on use in a 3D electrical model design platform and electrical design.
- Previous client and/or DOD or DOE project experience.
- B Cert-Engineering.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.