- Job ID
- Millersville, Maryland, United States
- Job Type
Talascend is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Quality Inspector for a contract opportunity in Millersville, MD:
Job Description: The Quality Inspectors primary role will be to inspect incoming and in-process electronic assemblies and mechanical hardware. Primary duties will include assisting in the daily departmental functions of inspection and development of procedures, assisting in the implementation of ISO 9000, and assisting in defect reporting and trend evaluations.
- Perform inspections on incoming and in-process electronic assemblies and mechanical hardware.
- Conducting of source inspections at vendor facilities.
- Insure that product is manufactured to the latest applicable configuration documentation.
- Prepare & review data submittal packages for end item deliverables (composed of test data, inspection results, C-of-Cs, etc.
- Prepare Deficiency Reports (DRs) for hardware, software, and documentation issues.
- Maintain, control and process non-conforming material.
- Certify and assists in maintaining ESD stations and monitor employee ESD compliance.
- Participate as a member within Change Control Board (CCB) & Material Review Board (MRB); role is interchangeable with QAE when required.
- Assist in defect tracking & evaluation process, including trend evaluation to reduce recurrences. (As directed by QA Manager)
- Generate Corrective Action Requests (CARs ) for vendor quality rejections.
- Assist in the implementation of ISO 9000, and Procedure Development.
- Assist in coordination of failure analysis efforts.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test procedures to determine assembly and inspection methods for electrical and mechanical components.
- Ability to record accurate Inspection data and write a concise report of findings.
- Ability to use mechanical and electrical measuring instruments (dial calipers, micrometers, multimeters, etc.)
- Ability to conduct solder inspection utilizing microscope magnification.
- Basic understanding of mechanical machining, fabricating, plating and assembly processes.
- Basic understanding of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Comprehensive understanding of SMT PWA technology.
- Familiar with IPC, ASTM, and Military Standards. 12. ISO 9000 implementation experience a plus.
- Basic math and science skills, high school diploma or GED education background.
- Five (5) years plus of related technical experience is preferred.
- J-STD-001 or IPC-610-A certification.
- ISO 9000 Lead Assessor and Implementation certification and experience a plus
- Exerts up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 to 25 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects
- Excellent manual dexterity is required to operate the technical instruments and equipment appropriate to assembly
- Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers frequently in handling tools and equipment necessary to assemble and Inspect electrical and electronics components in military sonar systems and commercial geophysical equipment. Also, working on computers and other office equipment.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.