- Job ID
- New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Job Type
- Oil & Gas
A Talascend client in New Orleans, LA has an immediate need for an Instrumentation Engineer.
Qualified candidates will have 8+ years experience as an Engineer in a refinery setting. BSEE degree from an accredited university. PE is not required, but a plus.
The role independently performs Instrument Engineering activities for all phases of instrument development and equipment design for a project of moderate size and complexity. Must be fully competent in performing all conventional aspects of Instrument Engineering and application of independent judgment for the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering criteria, methods, and procedures. Assignments have objectives requiring the investigation of a number of variables. Control Systems experience is a plus.
- Will provide some technical guidance for less experienced engineering personnel.
- Meets with clients’ technical staff to discuss technical information and features.
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
- Prepares equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
- Evaluates vendors’ bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates equipment design to client and other disciplines.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
- Participates in reviews of Process Flow Diagrams and Piping and Instrument Diagrams.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, instrument index, loop sheets, I/O list, panel drawings and specifications for instruments.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services’ activities.
- Participates in preparation of design guides, guide specifications, and contract proposals.
- Participates in plant start-ups and field assignments as required.
- Participates in equipment inspections at vendors’ facilities.
- Ensures that production of drawings, specifications, reports and analysis meet scope, schedule, cost, and quality requirements.
- May participate with construction personnel concerning constructability issues as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
This role will sit in the client's New Orleans office and may occasional visit project sites as needed.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.