- Job ID
- Belle Chasse, Louisiana, United States
- Job Type
- Petroleum & Chemical Engineering
A Talascend client has an In Plant Process Engineer position they need to fill immediately. This is a long term contract position and will be a key position to the client's project.
Primary Requirments for this role:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 10 years of experience with design, construction and technical reporting and documentation
- Process simulation; HYSIS a plus
- Registered Louisiana P.E. a plus
- TWIC card or ability to get one
- End client facing experience
- Committed to technical excellence
- Critical thinking skills for problem solving
- Strong technical writing skills
- Onsite plant experience, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with other discipline groups and adhere to all safety standards
- Must be able to go into field to assess project requirements, climb stairs and ladders, etc.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork-oriented
Primary Responsibilities for this role:
- Working with other on site members of the Client's Process Group as well as other discipline groups within the facility
- Involved in various aspects of project planning, design and construction
- Developing flow diagrams, heat and material balances, process design and assessment of mechanical equipment, hydraulic modeling, and design of over-pressure protection for new and existing equipment
- Engineering and process design for pressure vessels, tanks, pumps, and compressors
- Prepare manufacturing and purchasing specifications, including drawings, manufacturing briefs and procedures.
- Preparing request for quote packages
- Providing engineering support during construction
- Provide technical direction to junior staff.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.