- Job ID
- Herndon, Virginia, United States
- Job Type
- Direct Hire
- IT / IS
Talascend is currently seeking a Solutions Architect for a direct hire opportunity with our client located in Herndon, VA.
Do you have experience with cloud technology and have a desire to fulfill a key role in a game changing program to reengineer and re-platform mission critical applications? Are you interested in being a key contributor in a corporate modernization effort to reengineer vendor based on-premise solution to open source and SaaS based solutions that resides in the AWS cloud? If so, this may be the job for you!
This position is responsible for the overall design of application systems that support one or more lines of business within the company. Within an application, this position will be responsible for identifying technical components (open source, SaaS products, etc.) that will comprise the solution, while conforming to the IT strategy of developing loosely coupled applications. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to leverage new technology and practices to better serve the customer, enhance system/process efficiency and create a competitive advantage. Working collaboratively with other architects in the federated architecture team, application development teams, infrastructure, PMO office, business units, Chief Data Office (CDO), and third parties, the Solutions Architect will also develop proofs of concept to create prototypes and validate technical approaches. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience working in a transformative environment and the ability to prove technical concepts quickly through a wide range of approaches.
- Develop current and future state architectures that advance customer experience, organizational excellence and brand growth. Make recommendations regarding strategic architectural considerations related to technology direction and standards.
- Develop an understanding of the business model, including processes, application architectures, and supporting systems to define and design a solution that will work within the enterprise environment and satisfy the business requirements.
- Develop design artifacts that describe the structure, characteristics, behavior, workflow, and other aspects of the solution to project stakeholders.
- Understand all aspects of project constraint to include scope, schedule, budget, quality, cost, risk, and resources. Be able to recommend and make technological and managerial decisions to reconcile these restrictions with project goals.
- Present design solutions to the Architecture Review Board (ARB) for approval. Collaborate with EA, application development teams and ARB members to develop and refine application designs prior to presenting to the ARB.
- Investigate new solutions using custom developed software, commercial software, and open source software.
- Develop platform technology roadmap(s) to include SaaS, PaaS, custom software, third party offerings, open source and other technology components.
- Create strategies and designs for migrating applications to new technology platforms and services, e.g., modernize systems into Cloud compatible applications.
- Ensure a loosely coupled architecture through the use and management of APIs (e.g., REST, OData, AWS API management tools, etc.) as well as microservices. Establish standards for internal and external API use.
- Work independently or as part of a team to prototype solutions.
- Adapt the architecture to evolving security conditions and support security guidelines.
- Develop applications standards and participate in the ARB.
- Demonstrate competencies, which align with our corporate values.
- Core Competencies include: Customer Focus, Optimizes Work Processes, Collaborates, Communicates Effectively, and Be Open and Authentic
- Manager will provide more detail to candidates as needed.
- Position may be required to perform other duties as required.
These essential functions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. A combination of education and experience, including military service will also be considered.
- 10 years software development experience in mid to large organizations, and technical leadership experience.
- 5+ years defining architectures, including current state, future state and enterprise technology roadmaps, working with commercial, open source, and cloud solutions including developing prototypes and integration models.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- SOA and microservices architectures.
- Evaluating buy versus build solutions
- Developing loosely coupled solutions architectures.
- Proficiency creating logical/physical/functional views, process flow diagrams, and system integration diagrams.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation, influencing, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-motivated with the demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.
- Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified as an AWS Architect (Associate or Professional)
- Demonstrated experience with API Gateways or similar integration development and establishing API standards for internal and external customers.
- Experience with:
- AWS products such as API Gateway, DynamoDB, Lambda, Postgres
- Working on a software architecture team, providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship.
- SalesForce.com and other CRM solutions
- Big data processing technologies, such as Hadoop, Tableau, Predictive Analytics, BI
- Transforming technology platforms and organizations.
- Continuous improvement tools such as: Bamboo, Selenium, others.
- Development and delivery standards for SaaS solution.
- Cloud designs, containers, container orchestrations, multi cloud designs.
- Familiar with Data Warehouse systems and high capacity transformation engines.
- Understanding of business process management, project/resource management, ECM, and CRM (preferably SalesForce.com).
- Use of a computer for 8 or more hours a day.
- Use of a copy machine and telephone.
- Frequently required to sit for 7 or more hours per day in close proximity to others in an open office environment.
- Occasionally required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, and reach.
- Vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to work during maintenance windows and after business hours, and provide on-call, remote, or 24/7 technical support.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.