Talascend is currently seeking a Hardware Technician for a contract opportunity in Mayfield Heights, OH
Our client is looking for a Hardware Technician with electronics test, debug, and PCBA rework experience to join our new product development team. You will help develop and test our existing and next generation industrial control products, to include Programmable Logic Controllers, I/O Products, and Communication devices. Your activities will include prototype board analysis/troubleshooting, board rework/modification, procurement of lab equipment and prototype materials, construction and configuration of test beds based on test requirements, and product qualification testing.
- You will also be responsible for the acquiring electronic components for prototypes, maintaining Bills of Material, and submitting requests for schematic symbols and part geometries.
- You will work on a team comprised of highly experienced technicians and engineers across multiple disciplines to bring our product roadmaps to life.
- The environment fosters a collaborative and innovative approach to work with teams across the globe.
- It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for product development.
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology with a focus in electronics and circuit theory, or 4+ years of experience in hardware development capacity
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with electronics test, debug, and rework
- Must have ability to read electrical schematics
- Must have strong skills in troubleshooting electronic hardware using hardware test equipment, such as debuggers, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers
- Must have ability to perform board level rework and modifications for Surface Mount Technology (SMT) designs (e.g., soldering, component replacement, trace cuts & adds)
- Must have experience building, wiring, and configuring hardware test systems
- Knowledge of industrial control systems, programmable logic controllers
- Experience performing product certification testing, such as testing to meet CE and IEC 61010
- Experience with board bring-up and flash update of on-board devices and components
- Capability to effectively utilize Python and/or Software programming tools to develop test programs
- Experience with PCB schematics or PCB layout viewers
- Experience writing programs (assembly, C/C++, Python, ladder) for use in product initialization, debug, and test
- Experience setting up virtual machines for test environments
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with SAP business system to create, release, and control engineering documentation and Bill of Materials
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.