Talascend is currently seeking Automotive Technicians for contract-to-hire opportunities in Auburn Hills, MI.
6:00 am and 2:30 pm (Overtime is regularly available and voluntary)
As an Automotive Technician, this individual is tasked with performing part updates and rework on new and gently used vehicles to ensure the vehicle has the production parts and the current software package. The work within the Company’s programs varies from heavy repairs to light repair and frequently includes software flashing. We currently have multiple spaces available for a variety of skill levels.
• Read service procedures as written by the OEM service engineers
• Access and utilize OEM systems for software flashing, labor guides, service procedures
• Evaluate repairs and diagnose issues when repairing a vehicle
• Possess complete variety of automotive tools and some specialty tools
• Eye for inspecting incoming and outgoing vehicles
• Possess test drive skills and functionality vehicle tests
• Document any additional issues found and inform the Team Leader/Manager in a timely manner
• Independent worker and able to complete a project without intervention
• Interact and communicate effectively and professionally with client team
• Consistent beat labor time guidelines for multitudes of repair
• Ability to work independently and off-site with minimal resources in a variety of conditions
• Maintain a clean work station and work environment
• Requires tearing down and fitting body and trim panels for paint and building up of fresh painted vehicles.
• Maintain proper documentation and process while following procedures.
• Valid driver’s license
• Possess 3 or more current State or ASE certifications OR have the ability to earn these certifications
• Must be a high energy individual with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed
• Basic skills with computer operation and applications
• Must be able to multi-task while ensuring follow up and execution of required tasks
• High degree of organization and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Oral and written communication skills, must be able to communicate effectively via telephone, email and written means
• Must be willing to assist peers, teach and help as well as exude flexibility
• Requires moderate to high physical activity; lifting requirements to 40 lbs. and use of vehicle hoist
- This position pays between $720 and $960 for a standard 40 hour week.
- Overtime is paid at time and a half for any hours worked over 8 hours in one day and any Saturday hours.
- Sundays pay Double Time.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.