The Vehicle Material Cost Specialist is responsible to create, analyze and validate component material costs and targets. The Cost Engineer will be responsible for generating ground-up / detailed material cost estimates that encompass piece price estimations and production.
- Collaboration with key internal cross functional peers is essential; the candidate will have a working relationship with the product engineering team, the purchasing and supply chain team, the vehicle program team, our global joint venture partners in China, and to an extent the external component supply base.
- Involves a high level of independent judgment, initiative, creativity, and the management of multiple estimates that focus specifically on identifying accurate cost estimates as well as proposed cost reductions.
- Will have exposure to the next generation of automotive vehicles while working with leading edge automotive experts and technologies.
- Be an active partner with the internal GPSC purchasing team - aid in providing a fair yet competitive component cost.
- Occasional domestic travel to supplier facilities for enhanced costing collaboration and support of the specific engineering / purchasing team.
- Support the assigned Zero-Based Cost Blitz activity a piece price perspective
- 3+ years relevant experience in automotive cost estimating, automotive manufacturing, automotive product design / engineering, or automotive purchasing
- Experience in the financial evaluation of technical concepts and comprehensive understanding of production processes.
- Ablility to analyze, organize, and understand large amount of data.
- Comprehensive manufacturing process knowledge is required.
- An understanding of regional difference in manufacturing processes / assumptions is helpful.
- An understanding of automotive industry trends that are occurring within the field regarding new technologies, autonomous driving, electrification, and additive manufacturing is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and complexity.
- Able to assimilate a large amount of cost data and clearly condense / communicate information to the larger team in an efficient way.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with global team members and cross functional peers.
- Demonstrated ability to use all Microsoft Office software and show an expertise in MS Excel.
- Ability to use / learn GMCO$T (internal GM cost estimating software).
- Candidates must be local to Warren, MI as this position is hybrid
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.