Automotive Embedded Software Engineer
DURATION: One year with possible extensions
LOCATION: Dearborn, MI (Hybrid On-Site-Remote)
*** Ability to work W2 Required ***
Candidates must be able to commute to Dearborn, MI
Design, implementation, and validation of software for a variety of vehicle features such as: Starting, locking, lighting, alarms, windows, powered closures, seats, climate control, and others. In this role, Engineers will focus on Software Development and Integration of Application Layer Software for the body control modules. Leverage Adaptive AUTOSAR and implement in C++ for a QNX RTOS.
- Design an Embedded Software solution that will execute in ETAS implementation of Adaptive AUTOSAR on a QNX RTOS.
- Follow ADAS software coding standards, meet MISRA guidelines, follow other best practices.
- Implement ROS support for middleware.
- Support flow of information through configuration and implementation of IPC infrastructure.
- Design and develop software for a System on Chip (SoC) solution consisting of multiple operating environments (POSIX, RTOS, bare metal) and processing cores (MPU, MCU, DSP) interfacing with devices through common peripheral buses (SPI, I2C, CAN, PCIe, MIPI CSI, SERDES, Ethernet, UART).
- Design and develop Free RTOS device drivers utilizing C.
- Design and develop Classic AUTOSAR Services and Complex Device Drivers (CDD) with C.
- Debug HW-SW interfacing issues for root-cause identification utilizing common tools and methods (JTAG, oscilloscope, logic analyzer).
- Work with a cross-functional team, developing and capturing requirements for customer interfacing features and technologies.
- Develop Complex Device Drivers (CDD) and configure basic software components.
- Perform code level integration related tasks such as replicating build environments, source code debugging and continuously improving and streamlining deployment.
- Develop AUTOSAR software components and generate ARXML files.
- Translate requirements into control system designs to achieve program targets.
- Design and validate control algorithms to meet functional, regulatory, safety requirements, and functional safety (ISO 26262) requirements.
- Develop and apply software validation test methods, tools, and processes to ensure system functionality and robustness.
- Develop system plant modules and HIL/SIL/MIL validation infrastructure to support vehicle program plans and quality objectives.
- Troubleshoot vehicle system functional and diagnostic issues; determine and validate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Lead control system project planning and program management to meet functional, quality, and timing objectives.
- Top 3 Required Skills:
- QNX RTOS
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in software development in C/C++.
- 1+ year of AUTOSAR BSW, RTE, Application layer experience in Communication Services, Memory Services, System Services, and Complex Device Drivers.
- 1+ year of experience with Vector DaVinci Configurator, Vector DaVinci Developer.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Experience in AUTOSAR software development and integration projects.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and AUTOSAR.
- Experience with Failure Mode Avoidance techniques and/or ISO 26262 functional safety discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in Embedded Controls Software design and development.
- Experience with Jama, Polarion, ClearCase, Git, GitHub, JIRA, Agile, MISRA C/C++.
- Experience with BTC Embedded Tester, Simulink Test, Polyspace.
- Working knowledge of modeling, simulation, and testing techniques.
- Experience creating and executing Design Verification Plans and Reports.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.