The main function of a buyer is to purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. A typical buyer is responsible for buying goods and services for use by their company or organization. A purchasing agent is responsible for the purchase of machinery, equipment, parts, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment.
- Direct materials purchasing, managing ECRs, capacity tickets, supplier claims etc.
- Review and potentially optimize suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors.
- Approve purchases of the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Approve purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Instruct staff on how to resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Instruct staff on methods of negotiation, renegotiation and administration of contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Manage just-in-time inventory.
- Attend trade shows.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze financial reports, price proposals and other technical data.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Ability to evaluate suppliers.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
- Knowledge of supply chain management.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Experience with Contract processing.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or a related business field required.
- 5-7 years finance related experience required.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.