Marine Diesel Mechanic
Talascend is currently seeking Marine Diesel Mechanics for contract opportunities with our client in Jacksonville, FL.
This position performs duties involving the dismantling, repairing, relocating, modifying, maintaining, aligning, overhauling and installing of a wide variety of marine machinery, equipment, and systems (i.e., propulsions machinery, anchor handling gear, etc.). Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level mechanics. Assists higher level mechanics. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Complete Diesel Mechanic apprenticeship or trade school.
- Five years of directly related work experience.
- Complete Diesel Mechanic apprenticeship or trade school.
- Completion of military C school for Marine Diesel Engines or equivalent.
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand tools.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components of diverse marine machinery and their attachments.
- Detailed knowledge of the operating characteristics of the involved machinery, equipment, systems and their functional relationships and the applicable installation and repair procedures, methods, and trade practices.
- Ability to read and interpret symbols, layout sheets, diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturers specifications.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
Candidate must be able to obtain a CAC (Public Trust Clearance) Driving will be on the Military base only
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation