RF Engineer III
Talascend is currently seeking an RF Engineer III a contract opportunity located in Overland Park, KS.
Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Provide engineering related design, analysis, and studies for domestic or international projects. Develope designs for electrical systems for communication facilities for private utility clients. Design of systems that may include building power distribution systems, lighting, and communication systems. Prepare basic calculations, perform basic equipment selection, research and develop recommendations.
- Engineering Standards: Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and policies and procedures. Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate.
- Quality / Continuous Improvement: Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with quality program relative to assigned tasks. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Engineering Production: Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables. Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work. Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles. Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements. Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area. May provide direction and guidance to others.
- Project Coordination: Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects. Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work.
- Client Focus: Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership. Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility. May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
- Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
- People Management - (supervision, career development, training, mentoring): May assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience
- Education focus on telecommunications
- Experience consulting for or working for utility or public safety industry
- Facility or large communication system design experience
- Experience with Google Earth, Pathloss, Planet, or EDX RF propagation software
- EIT or PE
- Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Intellectual Horsepower, Written Communications, Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Informing, Listening, and Dealing with Ambiguity
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation