Talascend is currently looking for a Systems Administrator for a contract opportunity in San Ramon, California.
- Is responsible for the proper operation and monitoring of all access control sub-systems.
- Monitor and Maintain the Access Control and Video Management Systems, including Health Checks and Proactive Maintenance Procedures.
- Triage and Troubleshoot Access Control and Video Platform Issues, including Software Issues, Alarm Events and Remote Resolution, coordinates repairs with vendors as needed.
- Create Reports and Dashboards if needed supporting the needs of the clients.
- Perform user management (excluding badge production), including user adds, changes, access level maintenance and permissions management.
- Limited on-call and travel to support operations and attend training may be required.
- Implements enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the systems.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and process maps to maintain compliance, train personnel and document system operations.
- Provides security systems support to project teams for IMACs to include system design, vendor coordination and final testing.
- Coordinate service requests and maintenance with system vendors, ensure prompt action is taken, and follow up on all pending issues.
- Provide security support during emergency and non-emergency situations.
- 5+ years security/IT related work experience providing systems administration and design support for company Pro Watch access control.
- Certification in Pro Watch required.
- BS Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of network operations and infrastructure.
- Working knowledge in the administration of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Server, client, AD).
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Above average computer and keyboard knowledge and ability to learn new programs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to handle emergency situations.
- Ability to read and understand floor plans, diagrams, and system schematics.
- Ability to understand basic operations of low voltage alarm, CCTV, and other security systems.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Microsoft Office, Project, Visio and AutoCAD experience a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation