Talascend is currently seeking a Part-Time Drafter for a contract opportunity in Columbia, Maryland.
Our client’s Architectural/Engineering Services (A/ES) Group provides facility planning, architectural and engineering design, construction management, energy analysis and optimization, and facility problem solving. They have been providing facility engineering, operation, and maintenance services to their commercial and government customers for over 60 years.
Our client brings worldwide engineering best practices and extensive facility systems expertise to every project. Their A/ES solutions provide life cycle optimization for facility operations and maintenance, energy efficiency, and low cost. Their focus is quality with emphasis on customer service, ethics, training, and people.
- Works as an integral team member and prepares various civil, structural, architectural, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical engineering 2D drawings and 3D Building Information Models (BIM).
- Work requires use of most conventional drafting and BIM techniques, and working knowledge of the terms and procedures of the architectural and engineering design, construction, and facility management industries.
- New or recurring work is assigned via various means; which may include written or verbal orders, methodology, procedures, data sources, and precedents to be followed.
- Applies a general knowledge of design, construction and facility management necessary for preparation of documentation that comprises presentation drawings, all stages of design drawings, construction contract drawings, shop drawings and sketches, record drawings (as-builts), and facility management drawing with data links.
- Drawings and BIM models are prepared utilizing Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit, respectively.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation