Quality Technician - 4 DIRECT positions
Talascend currently has 4 “DIRECT” Quality Technician roles located in Charleston, SC. All shift available. 3 weeks’ vacation, 13 paid holidays, BCBS, 401-K with 4.5% company match and more!
Within this role, you will perform the activities which support the Quality system as it pertains to assurance that the product and manufacturing processes are meeting the defined specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Verify 1st piece inspection of all cells
- Perform product and dock audits per schedule
- Perform Control and Process audits as scheduled
- Report audits and sorts using Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
- Create and train operators on Quality Alerts and other quality issues.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and linear tolerance schemes
- Investigate line rejects, lead problem-solving techniques to resolve issues.
- Contribute to pre-production quality planning, including developing Quality Assembly Instructions, attending product and process reviews and technical training of inspection and production personnel.
- Support Manufacturing Engineering in machine capability studies for new and existing machines.
- Support Gage Calibration System.
- Authorized to stop shipments and/or production to correct quality issues when found.
- Must be flexible to work overtime and any shift as required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Five years of experience in Quality-related area or two-year Associates degree and 3 years Quality work-related activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes and product in assigned area.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Certified as Quality Technician with ASQ – Preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma / DOE / SPC – Preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated positive leadership skills.
EXCELLENT Benefit Package
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation