Talascend is currently seeking a Furnace Technician for an opportunity in Charleston, SC.
CAB Oven Technician functions to support Operations/Engineering with technical skills.
- Provide production support with daily product changes on the brazing lines to ensure the braze parameters and conditions are set correctly to the specified requirements.
- Monitor and record CAB process areas to ensure that the specified methodologies and control plan features of the brazing technology are in compliance to specified requirements.
- Conduct continuous core braze analysis evaluations and heat input checks of the brazed cores including the use of the mole equipment for the generation of braze profiles and Analyzing the results of these tests.
- Maintains a log on the CAB oven such that product type, issue, and corrective actions are recorded and usable.
- Participates and coordinates product braze development activities as well as braze trials and experiments.
- Identifies braze problem areas and assists in the corrective action aspects of the improvements/changes.
- Conforms to Quality requirements for thoroughness, accuracy, neatness, housekeeping, and orderliness.
- Execute small and medium size projects.
- Train others in the use of the process control methodologies and required braze specifications.
- Hands-on work environment with Engineering approach to braze practices.
- Troubleshoot daily brazing related issues.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associates degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ industrial experience; Metal joining experience a plus.
- Problem solving skills and participates in Braze program events.
- Dedicated to supplying and implementing product and process improvements to the CAB brazing process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes and product in assigned area
- Meet all Level 3 training requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and basic math skills
- Microsoft Excel and Word literate.
- Must become familiar with all instrumentation and functions of CAB lines.
- Demonstrated positive leadership skills.
- Basic PLC skills
- Basic Mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Self-responsible and work with little or no supervision.
- Must be flexible to work overtime and off-shifts as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation