Talascend is currently seeking an Electronic Assembler for a contract opportunity in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Assembles electronic components, subassemblies, products or systems by performing any or all the following duties, depending on assignment. The individual in this position has the responsibility and the authority to carry out assigned tasks.
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings, process instruction sheets, and sample assemblies or receives verbal instructions regarding assembly.
- Performs basic assembly or rework functions that include but are not limited to attaching mechanical and electrical components; wiring harnesses, soldering connections, and intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating and color coding parts and assemblies.
- Disassembles product to any level and effectively performs rework/repair activity to achieve acceptable function, configuration, or airworthiness condition
- Perform operation of semi-automatic component insertion circuit card assembly machine, including download of software control files from intranet into local PC, setup and operation of the station
- Perform hand soldering of through hole components to the specifications standards of IPC-A-610B, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities
- Perform dimensional and visual acceptance inspection of all assigned products, including mechanical, electronic, subassembly and final assembly levels to IPC-A-610B and ISO SOP and WI standards documents, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities
- Perform activities associated with masking, application of spray coatings, and demasking of electronic circuit card assemblies, requiring the proper use of respirator gear and spray equipment
- Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
- High school Diploma or GED;
- Basic computer application and file structure navigation skills.
- Three to six months related experience/training in an assembly and or technician role.
- Certify and retain all appropriate skills training certifications for related product acceptance stamp and/or job duties per SOPs 1811Q and 1211Q and as required by the Director of Quality.
- Must have the manual dexterity, eyesight, and concentration necessary to perform job tasks such as use of small hand tools such as tweezers.
- Ability to differentiate between wire insulation colors and wire sizes.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow posted work order sequence instructions and visual signal methods in work cell, and accept responsibility for schedule completion.
- Willingness and ability to learn how to perform surface mount soldering.
- Ability to complete accurate data entries and complete required production paperwork.
- Able to lift, move and work with products up to 45 lbs.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation