Talascend is currently seeking a Project Engineer for a contract opportunity located in Houston, TX.
Eligible candidate will support one of the client's Strategic Alliance project, recently awarded. The project has multiple plant sites in N. America; five in the US and one in Mexico. Candidate should possess a working knowledge of all phases of project execution and, possess at least three years’ experience as a project engineer, with 10-20 years industry experience. Scope of work is small, in-plant maintenance and upgrade projects typically with a TIC of $2 MM USD or less. Scope of the Alliance is EPCm, and execution will follow client’s batch work process. Engineering will be performed at site, and in the client's MEC and HOC offices.
Candidate will assist the Alliance Manager and be responsible or co-responsible for the following:
- Coordinate all phases of project execution with the site team leaders (STL) resident at the following sites: Burkville, AL and Mount Vernon, IN. This will include oversight of estimate preparations in accordance with the prime contract, ensuring that the STLs are aligned with client’s work process, addressing any staffing/personnel issues, and planning/scheduling oversight of the backlog at each site.
- Coordinate with MEC/site/HOC to ensure that client RFSs (Request For Services) are responded to within one week and that an AFW (Authorization For Work) is prepared as client's proposal to client for each project.
- Oversight of HOC and MEC disciplines and support staff (e.g. scheduling, estimating, and cost).
- Prepare engineering weekly reports and provide engineering input into the monthly report.
- Make site visits to locations identified above and trips to MEC as required for coordination.
- Attend weekly client meetings.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.