Lead Enterprise Architect
Talascend is currently seeking a Lead Enterprise Architect for a contract opportunity located in Tempe, Arizona
This position will be primarily responsible for architecture and principle engineering for our Client’s virtualization and cloud environments. This position is more Hands On type of role. Need strong hands on VMWare experience along with extensive Linux/Windows OS Experience. Automation background and Programming languages is a Big Plus. This job is part of the Enterprise Compute Infrastructure team and includes architecting future state virtualization solutions including on-premise private cloud, integration with public cloud solutions and automated operations. This role also includes engineering activities in support of day to day management of Hypervisors (VMWare) and Operating Systems (Linux and Windows). This person is also responsible for making improvements to the existing systems to operate them in an optimized manner and or to improve the reliability and availability. Additionally, responsible for participating in Disaster Recovery exercises on a regular basis.
- Accountable for technology roadmaps related to virtualization technologies, APIs, automation and cloud Adoption
- Work with Hyper Converged Infrastructure technology platforms like Nutanix, Dell VXRail, Dell VRTX, Dell Flex OS to create the strategy/direction for enterprise infrastructure
- Troubleshoot performance issues related to virtualized workloads
- Facilitate moving of workloads to/from on-prem cloud to off-prem cloud
- Participate in calls with other members to address and troubleshoot application and or infrastructure related issues
- A Bachelors Degree in information technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Business-Related Discipline is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of Operating Systems and or Hypervisor administration, architecture experience Required
- VMWare experience is a must
- Linux OS experience is a must
- Window OS experience is a must
- Capacity planning, performance optimization experience is a must
- Experience with supporting mission critical infrastructure operations is a must
- Storage management experience is a must.
- Strong understanding of Networking concept
- Experience with Installation, Racking & Stacking of Hardware is a must
- Technical certifications preferred
- Travel Approximately 15%
- The ability to partner effectively across IT teams, suppliers and business customers on cross-functional projects and process improvement
- The ability to translate business issues / requirements and objectives into technical solutions
- Strong knowledge of IT business processes and practices
- Skilled in partnering with internal customers at all levels to define problems, identify solutions, and facilitate change
- Skilled or proven ability to analyze complex problems and break them down into logical, actionable parts.
- Strong interpersonal skills - effective listening and teaming
- Self-motivated, demonstrated bias for action
- The ability to be a change agent and promote positive change in the organization
- Excellent oral, written and collaborative communication skills, including executive level communications
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation