A Talascend client in Montgomery, AL has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree as a Mechanical Engineer or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design of complex machinery.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels, including company management, customers, staff, contractors, vendors and site personnel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient presentation skills to large audience groups.
- Proficient computer experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient computer experience in 3D engineering CAD.
- Proficient experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Must possess a positive attitude, be proactive, innovative, a strong communicator, highly observant, and a self-starter.
- Travel to other business locations in North America and internationally as required.
- Leads key new product development and international rail maintenance of way projects, directs other engineers with a sense of urgency, passion, creativity and inspires others in a fast paced positive work environment.
- Will assist with varying disciplines; project management, mechanical, hydraulic and electrical and be well versed in ‘design for manufacture’, ‘design for supply chain’ and be a natural problem solver with a common sense approach.
- Knowledge and experience in 5S and continuous improvement / lean manufacturing environment
- Organizes workload for defined projects with the ability to provide feedback to management and develop mitigation plans in order to support schedule needs.
- Works in a cross-functional team environment to develop innovative solutions with input from customers, operators, service, engineering, manufacturing and aftermarket.
- Understands materials, components, manufacturing and assembly processes
- Communicates technical information effectively with team members and others both inside and outside the immediate work group.
- Develops and executes machine design that meets minimum standard requirements. Experience with international standards (ISO, EN, CE, etc..) is a plus.
- Operates in an environment based on behavior driving KPI’s.
- Develops and executes SMART goals.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation