Talascend is currently seeking Technicians for long-term contract opportunities located in Warren, Michigan
Our worldwide multibillion dollar automotive client is a leading manufacturer of automobiles employing nearly a quarter million people around the globe on six continents. They are a top competitor in the business based on their cutting edge technology and dynamic brands ranging from small electric cars to full size, heavy-duty trucks. If you want to be a part of a team that is leading the way in the auto industry, this is the place to be!
Ability to follow standardize work instructions
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
Must be available to work any shift
Good written and oral communication
Ability to work in a team environment
?Ability to provide basic hand tools for own use, such as wrenches, ratchets, screwdrivers, hammers, etc. All specialty tools are provided.
Must have experience in either of the two skill sets:
MECHANICAL BUILD TECHNICIANS:
- Provide mechanical build, machining and fabrication support for vehicle properties that are typically in the early phases of the advanced development process.
- Possess advanced fabrication and layout skills.
- Ability to weld (Mig & Tig) on various metals in all positions.
- Machine shop skills - the ability to run the Bridgeport, Trax Mill, Lathe, Drill Press, Band Saw and Cut off Saws.
- Ability to fabricate sheet metal parts from engineering math or drawings.
ELECTRICAL BUILD TECHNICIAN:
- Provide electrical build and programming support for vehicle properties that are typically in the early phases of the advanced development process.
- Type of work includes but not limited to: build, integration and servicing of newly designed Autonomous and Hydrogen vehicle systems.
- Modification of production and prototype body, powertrain and chassis control systems.
- Design build and integration of special control circuits modules and controllers for advanced vehicle innovation projects.
- New sub-system installations, for new technologies.
- Troubleshooting electrical issues for Engineering Development Vehicles.
Associates Degree required
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation