Talascend is currently seeking a Diesel Technician for a contract to possible direct hire opportunity with our client located in Clinton, New Jersey
Ranked among Fortune 500 companies, this safety-oriented company is expanding their workforce nationwide. This fast-growing company caters to more than 10 million customers across 40 of the 50 States. These Diesel Mechanic positions are career opportunities, starting as contract positions (~2 months) to possible direct hire. We are proud to say that a good percent of our contractors are hired direct by our client. Maybe you’ll be next?
- Preventative maintenance to diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks, including but not limited to basic tire work, such as replacement, tire rotation, etc., and checks torque specifications and replaces, where necessary, wheel end components, such as bearings.
- Requires basic mechanic type knowledge of hydraulics to perform hose replacement on trucks where required and basic knowledge of electrical systems to perform minimal electrical maintenance functions, such as light changes.
- Requires basic knowledge of vehicle suspension and steering systems to perform routine maintenance and repair.
- Identify the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
- Refer more complex repairs to A or B level Technician, or to Lead Technician.
Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a maintenance role that included supervised training on heavy transportation vehicles, aircrafts or ships by a certified Technician.
Completion of a Certified Diesel Maintenance program
Previous experience in the heavy transportation industry as a technician/mechanic
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.