Supplier Quality Representative
Talascend is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Representative for a contract opportunity located in the Blackfoot, ID or Northern Utah area.
This position expedites completion and delivery of materials and equipment within a geographic area by visiting suppliers' facilities to ensure conformance with purchase order agreements and project requirements.
- Responsible for expediting completion and delivery of materials and equipment by visiting suppliers and plants to ensure conformance with purchase order/contract agreements and project requirements.
- Initiates timely actions and reports as required to maintain supplier progress to support project schedules.
- Travels within assigned area to accomplish these tasks.
- Evaluates supplier progress on engineering, materials acquisition, manufacturing, testing and shipping.
- Initiates timely actions as required to maintain supplier progress to support project schedules.
- Documents shop visits to the project with written reports of supplier progress.
- Monitors supplier operations involved in producing the materials/equipment specified in the purchase order, including production planning, order entry, engineering, materials acquisition, manufacture, assembly, testing and shipment.
- Evaluates manufacturing progress at the suppliers' plant through visual observations.
- Reviews sub-orders and expedites engineering and data submittals.
- Reports this information to the Project Expeditor by e-mail with an electronically transmitted expediting report.
- Analyzes supplier schedules and progress reports to determine if they support the project required delivery dates.
- Identifies problem areas and initiates or recommends corrective action to the supplier representative.
- Coordinates expediting activities with project expediting personnel.
- Interfaces with Area Supplier Quality personnel in mutual support of one another's efforts.
- Obtains and reports shipping information.
- Reports supplier status information, such as supplier labor contracts and negotiations, supplier management changes, product changes and lead times, enabling the project to update databases.
- Seeking individuals with a minimum of 3 years of experience and proficiency in shop expediting at supplier facilities and procurement techniques and practices. Additional experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scheduling, purchasing, supplier quality and traffic functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge in general shop practices, engineering and drawing control, inventory control, shop scheduling, and supplier procurement activities.
- Ability to communicate well with suppliers, projects and supervisors.
- Must have reliable personal transportation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation