Oil & Gas: Applications Engineer - Houston TX
A Talascend client is seeking an Applications Engineer for a long-term contract position based in Houston, TX.
Strong knowledge of Olefins manufacturing process as well as Honeywell Experion PKS (C300, Safety Manager, HMIs development) Experience with Experion DCS programming. Location: Based in Houston (requires international travel- approximately 3 weeks every two months in Yokohama, Japan during 2019). Start date is immediate. Duration is long term contract until December 2021. Strong possibility of converting direct after 6 months.
- Support (Olefins) process technology and production teams in the design, development and programming of control algorithms for all system-controlled processes
- Develop process control narratives needed for Honeywell control system programming
- Work with Engineering Contractor and Honeywell to implement process control models, strategies, and other methods to ensure safe and efficient commissioning and startup
- Assist process technology and production teams in testing and debugging applications during Factory and Site Acceptance Tests
- Implement changes to the process control system in a timely and accurate manner
- Assure process control documentation is regularly developed and maintained
- Analyze challenges in current business processes so as to recommend appropriate improvement solutions
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation