Oil & Gas: Sr Process Engineering Systems - Houston TX
Talascend is seeking an experienced Sr. Process Engineering Systems for a long-term contract position based in Houston, TX.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Monitor the production application environments taking such action as may be necessary to ensure maximum availability and correct operational issues of the Process, Safety, and Environmental suite of engineering applications.
- Develop, maintain, and share application systems architecture and technical documentation.
- Participate in the support of custom applications used to supplement the standard applications.
- Management of virtual machines required for supporting and troubleshooting engineering applications.
- Participate in the initiatives undertaken by the global Engineering Systems team.
- Delivery and support of engineering applications to engineering customers.
- Engineering Systems SharePoint sites administration and maintenance.
- Develop knowledge and expertise in unfamiliar topics relevant to the needs of the Process Engineering Systems team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience, with average experience of 8-15 years.
- Ability to work independently and keep team management adequately informed.
- Experience developing PFDs, heat and material balances, process data sheets, process equipment sizing calculations using industry-standard applications.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of process simulation software such as Aspen Plus, Aspen Hysys, and ProMax, as well as process analytical software such as PIMS, PipeSim, Pipenet, Flarenet, Flaresim, and other industry-standard engineering software.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Comos FEED or Aspen Basic Engineering.
- Working knowledge of data processing including technical knowledge of IT hardware, software, networks, and SQL or Oracle Server database technology.
- Working knowledge of current scripting languages such as VB Script, .NET, C#, C++.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including VBA.
- Must be well organized, able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn and provide superior customer service.
- Experience with Comos FEED program administration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of 3rd party software license management tools such as FlexLM, HASPLM, SentinelLM, and software license deployment methodology.
- Knowledge of SharePoint development and maintenance.
- A good understanding of software packaging and deployment tools and methodologies.
- Familiarity with process design and process plant operations.
- Certification as a Professional Engineer.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation