Test Lab Technician II
Talascend is currently seeking a Test Lab Technician for a contract opportunity in Troy, MI
- Build, test and analyze various types of components.
- Design and build test fixtures that represent the customer’s requirements and applications.
- Determine what instrumentation is required to collect and analyze specific product performance characteristics.
- Install and evaluate prototypes.
- Interface with other internal departments to ensure program completion.
- Interface with customers as required.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Establish reliability and confidence standards for product development.
- Experience, training and education to effectively complete most assignments without supervision.
- General working knowledge of laboratory operations.
- Available to work multiple shifts as needed.
- Good understanding of Commercial Vehicles.
- Completes assignments effectively and assists others when required.
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all lab equipment.
- Identify and order supplies when needed.
- Properly stores/inventories and identifies fixtures/parts.
- Identify location of fixture and fixture components necessary to run test.
- Learn the operation of multiple operating systems
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office
- Maintains records on work performed, analyzes data collected, report’s results.
- Installs, operates and maintains shop or laboratory test equipment and instrumentation.
- Repairs experimental or prototype products or components to correct malfunction.
- Maintains good housekeeping, safety practices and supplies.
- Has a good understanding of hydraulic systems.
- Experience with Moog, MTS, and Instron Schenck controllers, is a plus.
- Position involves working the off-shift rotation.
- Associates Degree
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. and push/pull 150 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Pass basic physical examination and drug screen.
- Test Lab experience is Required (at least 1 - 2 years in a lab)
- Brake/Axle testing is preferred
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation