Talascend is currently seeking an Automotive Technician for a long-term contract opportunity in Smyrna, Tennessee.
Are cars your passion, but you are tired of the Flat Rate game? Would you enjoy fixing cars all day long without getting dirty or busting your knuckles? Our client has an exciting opportunity for you, the Automotive Service Professional! Join a team of elite individuals in Smyrna, TN as a Specialist, TECH LINE, who have a passion for fixing cars and helping technicians meet their customer's expectations. Answers requests from dealership service technicians and provides them with technical information on the diagnosis and repair of customer vehicles. Collects and documents technical information on new vehicle incidents requiring repairs; prepares reports regarding such incidents for further investigation by Engineering staff.
- Provides vehicle repair recommendations, technical assistance, and direction to dealership service technicians regarding vehicle maintenance, service or repair.
- Provides support consistent with brand values, profitability and cost reduction goals.
- Documents all requests with required information; searches database for similar and related matches; updates existing reports and closes out completed reports.
- Analyzes decisions from the customers’ viewpoint and recommends actions with the customer needs and values in mind.
- Provides feedback from dealership technicians regarding countermeasure procedures to various departments.
- Teams with people from other organizations, independent of borders (functions, regions and affiliates) to complete reporting requirements.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Related experience, college or technical courses, seminars and OE training a plus.
- Certification as an ASE Master Technician preferred.
- Three or more years of directly related professional level automotive experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the maintenance and repair of automobiles; well-versed in use of technical service manuals and tools.
- Computer Skills: Typing test will be required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other PC applications.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation