Talascend is currently seeking a Technician for a contract opportunity in Boise, Idaho
Our client is looking for ambitious, capable and skilled technicians to join our network of over 32,000 employees serving 14 million customers and over 2,700 communities across the United States. With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a PM Technician performs preventive maintenance on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks. This position requires basic knowledge of vehicle systems to perform routine maintenance and repair. Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the road.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of a vehicle's mechanical and electrical systems to perform basic preventive maintenance and some repair functions.
- Areas of equipment maintenance may include:
- Vehicle PM inspections and adjustments;
- Oil changes and fluids replenishment;
- Adjustments and light repairs including tire changes; and
- Basic electrical work, such as light changes
- Conducts visual inspections to identify potential equipment issues and identify the sources of malfunctions using a variety of tools.
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Tackle a new challenge every day
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful machinery
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry
- Be recognized for exceptional performance
- Serve your community and your customers
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth
- At least 1 year of experience in a maintenance role that includes supervised training on heavy transportation vehicles, aircrafts or ships by a certified technician; or completion of a certified diesel maintenance program.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification T8 PM is a plus but not required.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation