Senior Systems Administration Specialist
Talascend is currently seeking a Senior Systems Administration Specialist for a contract to possible direct hire opportunity with our client located in Rockville, MD.
- Provide on-site system (including network and server) administration.
- Perform routine network maintenance, server installation, configuration, upgrades, optimization, and improvements.
- Troubleshoot support for all physical and virtual servers (Unix/Linux or Windows) for DHCP, firewall, database and web applications, security patching, etc.
- Provide monitoring support for critical servers, as determined by the IT management and assist with developing, implementing, deploying, and supporting advanced virtualization and data storage strategies.
- Limit server downtime resulting from maintenance and improvements to non-production hours whenever possible.
- Backup of user and server data, perform configurations and maintain routinely.
- Support Unix and Linux systems including intramural scientific workstations for imaging processing and scientific computing.
- Provide central user support to all Unix and Linux workstations and assist in network administration and installation, upgrade and troubleshooting of scientific applications such as imaging processing, computational biology or bioinformatics.
- Act as a backup for security and firewall administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation