Senior Windows System Administrator
Talascend is currently seeking a Senior Windows System Administrator for a contract to possible direct hire opportunity with our client located in Rockville, MD.
- Install, manage and maintain IC Windows servers, including, but not limited to DHCP, SQL, MS IIS, SCCM, file and license servers
- Install, manage and maintain VMWare Virtualization servers and virtual switches
- Assist IC end users with two and multi factor authentication
- Assist Institute and Center (IC) Information System Security Officers (ISSO) and company wide Incident Response Team (IRT) to remediate server and workstation vulnerabilities
- Manage and maintain enterprise antivirus systems
- Develop, manage and maintain middleware software, server applications, and other IT processes
- Provide technical expertise and support to IC staff on hardware and software system implementation and upgrades
- Design, update, and maintain server documentation (reports, manuals) of server configurations for other System Administrators and SCSS Management
- Interact with IC bioinformatics and IT development groups to design and troubleshoot systems
- Integrate, manage, and maintain a Microsoft SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) server
- Serve as Point of Contact for Windows desktop configuration administration, improvements, and upgrades
- Respond, monitor and track IT helpdesk requests for technical assistance made via telephone and/or e-mail
- Other duties as assigned
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation