Field Project Controls Manager
Talascend is currently seeking a Field Project Controls Manager for a contract opportunity located in Lexington, KY.
Lead level position assigned to a role in Project Controls (PJC) Management on EPC projects. With minimal supervision, is responsible for independently developing and applying advanced project controls techniques and analyses of the construction scope on large fixed-price EPC projects. The level may handle commercial issues and will provide leadership and guidance to less experienced project control personnel. Has project team supervisory responsibilities.
- Effectively leads a team of PJC professionals and able to positively influence internal and external clients to achieve successful results. Achieves a high level of forecasting accuracy. Proactive in addressing project issues therefore supporting a successful project outcome.
- Recognizes critical issues and interfaces.
- Confers with PM team on project execution matters.
- Participates in key risk management discussions.
- Participates in and may lead any potential claims issues.
- Manages controls coordination from home office to site as appropriate.
- Supervises subcontract administration when assigned.
- Ensures compliance with tools/processes in Field PJC section of the Project Execution Plan.
- Acts in capacity of a ''lead person and has management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
PJC Construction SME Responsibilities:
- Serve as a dedicated liaison between PJC and Construction for the Telecom business.
- Assist in development of PJC procedures and training that address PJC implementation on construction projects.
- Provide feedback and serve as a knowledge source on PJC best practices for controlling construction scope.
- May contribute to proposals and baseline reviews of new projects.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree with eight or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with ten years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office.
- Prefer Master's degree or local equivalent in Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
- Developing Direct Reports
- Innovation Management
- Managerial Courage
- Problem solver
Preferred Technical Competencies:
- Leadership skills to include the ability to influence, manage, lead, guide/coach, develop, motivate, and mentor team professionals
- Advanced communication and inter-personal skills
- Self-starter and ability to make decisions independently
- Advanced Excel, Access and Primavera P6 skills
- Advanced knowledge of cost engineering concepts
- Advanced knowledge of contract administration
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Typical office environment.
- Domestic or International travel may be required.
- Sitting, talking, grasping, hearing, keyboard input, seeing, writing, reaching, climbing, kneeling, stooping, crouching, walking and standing for extended periods of time.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation