Supplier Quality Representative
Talascend is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Representative for a contract opportunity located in the Northeastern part of the US.
This position will entail visits to vendor shops and performs the activities defined by the quality surveillance assignment. Verifies that equipment or materials include defined attributes of recognized codes and standards and client procurement document requirements. Rejects material found non-conforming to procurement document requirements. Collaborates with the supplier and project supplier quality personnel to identify a course of action to achieve satisfactory disposition of disclosed non-conformances.
Area Supplier Quality Representative represents the client as the suppliers primary contact and performs quality surveillance activities defined by the assignment scope to verify, through monitoring, observation, document review, and selective hands-on inspection, that supplier furnished material and equipment conforms to the technical and quality requirements of the procurement documents. Acting in this capacity, the Area Supplier Quality Specialist performs the following:
- Reviews the procurement document requirements with supplier representatives to ensure they are understood and implemented.
- Monitors supplier personnel activities including the witnessing of operations, inspections, examinations or tests to verify purchase order document requirements have been met. Reviews supplier generated quality verification documentation to verify conformance to procurement document requirements.
- Rejects material found nonconforming and collaborates with the supplier and project supplier quality personnel to identify a course of action to achieve satisfactory disposition of disclosed non-conformances.
- Releases conforming material for shipment and notifies other client functional organizations to assist in coordination of their activities.
- Reports the results of quality surveillance activities to provide Client project personnel and the customer with the status of surveillance activities.
- Two years of related experience involving 2,000 hours of in-shop surveillance, examination, or testing activities,
- OR High school diploma or GED AND 1,000 hours of in-shop surveillance, examination, or testing activities,
- OR An Associate Degree, or the equivalent of two years of full time college coursework in a related discipline PLUS 500 hours of in-shop related experience in equivalent inspection, examination, or testing activities.
- The demonstrated ability to work under moderate supervision.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Computer skills must consist of a working knowledge of word, excel, and access spreadsheets, electronic submission of reports and assignment tracking and digital camera use.
- Additional hours of in-shop quality surveillance or related experience with equipment or materials common to the Bechtel marketplace.
- Include any and all industry certifications with your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation