Design Quality Assurance Engineer
Talascend is currently seeking a Design Quality Assurance Engineer for a direct hire opportunity with our client located in Alvarado, TX.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, Overtime and Weekends as needed
- The Quality Engineer is responsible for implementing and improving processes that impact key operational metrics related to design team, consult with management to develop and implement sustainable processes, advice and educate personnel on corrective action and continuous improvement techniques.
- Analyze & understand the current work process for design drawings to find the opportunities for improvement.
- Develop/monitor programs and metrics to evaluate Dept. performance and drive improvement.
- Take the lead on training and building a high performing team.
- Audit activities of staff to assess conformance to QA/QC performance.
- Conduct root cause analysis on quality issues and implement corrective action.
- Establish metrics to monitor improved Quality, productivity, efficiency as compared to target goals.
- Implement Six Sigma initiatives which include; Statistical Analysis, FMEA, maintain quality metrics and developing trend data.
- Take a lead in implementing short and long term strategies to ensue organization excellence.
- Recommend and execute on large/key projects for improvements. Supervise with team or collaborate with managers to re-engineer the current process to improve quality of work.
- Handle in-house training on improving tools and methodologies.
- Lead team meetings, document clear actions and enable timeline achievement.
- Map out all work flows, remove waste and low value activities and recommend solutions.
- Ability to develop and lead a high performance team
- 5-7 years continuous improvement team leadership experience in design, manufacturing or related environment.
- Strong working knowledge of fabrication Drawings.
- Strong understanding of lean/continuous improvement concepts, principles and practices.
- 3D Drawing ( Inventor)Automation and Programing experience a plus.
- Preferred - Certification in Six Sigma, Lean or other form of continuous improvement methodology.
- Knowledge of principals involved in production of technical plans, drawings, and models.
- Experience with leading and training a team.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to drive results.
- Knowledge and experience with 3D design and applications (Inventor Preferred).
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation