Technology Planning Engineer
Talascend is currently seeking a Technology Planning Engineer for a DIRECT HIRE position in Auburn Hills, MI
We’re looking for a very special of kind of talent: one part systems engineer, one part business analyst, and one part marketing specialist. And the bold challenge that requires such a special talent: determining the next generation of automotive multimedia systems, and how they will enhance the driving experience.
- Conduct market research to identify technology trends, perform competitive product bench marking & gather voice of the customer to drive development of product roadmaps & positioning strategy.
- Perform analysis of our customer’s requirements and vehicle interface specifications for technical solutions and support the development of business case studies for new products.
- Perform strategic studies to support new product initiatives and market opportunities.
- Become a credible source for IVI & Display product information on North American markets.
- Lead the development of business cases to support new products.
- Support product promotion activities for business development projects.
- Demonstrate our advanced technology to customers at the customer site or offsite or at the Alpine office.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products and services to customers.
- Cultivating relationships with customer innovation, product planning & R&D teams.
- Opportunity is located in our Auburn Hills, MI. facility, and is part of the team responsible for advancing Alpine’s sales growth and business development for North America.
- Position will drive for company business.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering preferred plus 6 years of experience in the automotive industry or a Master's degree with 4 years’ similar experience.
- Hands on experience with prototype and proof of concept devices.
- A valid U.S. driver’s license and auto insurance are required during employment in this position.
- A broad general competency in the fields of mechanical, electrical, and systems engineering.
- An ability to critically analyze and evaluate customer specifications and requirements.
- The ability to conduct market research and data mining from 3rd party resources such as HIS, JD Power, etc.
- The ability to use technical insights to develop a business case for new products.
- Professional experience with automotive audio & infotainment systems is preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation