Talacend is currently seeking a Manual Machinist for a 6-month contract opportunity in Menlo Park, California.
- Responsible for operation of all types of machining equipment to produce difficult and complex production parts within precision tolerances.
- Interprets complex blueprints, engineering drawings, and sketches to determine part specifications.
- Plans layouts, establishes set-up procedures, and performs machine operations.
- Checks precision tolerances and makes tool adjustments.
- Performs preventive maintenance of equipment and general housekeeping functions.
- May provide work direction for lower-level personnel.
- Works under acceptable conditions with some distraction due to occasional exposure to noise, dust, heat, or chemicals.
- May be required to move items up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 30 feet.
- Will be exposed to some or all the following: fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels.
- A high school diploma and/or a minimum of ten to twelve years of related machine shop experience including shop math.
- Ability to use moderately complex mathematics, handbook formulas, and a wide variety of precision measuring instruments
- A broad trade knowledge, equivalent to training received in a formal registered apprentice program.
- Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary and be alert always to prevent mishaps with sharp objects and the machining processes.
- Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern symmetry and proper alignment.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation