Talascend is currently seeking a Procurement Representative 3 for a contract opportunity located in Overland Park, KS.
Provide support to the project team with complex procurement transaction activities (equipment, services and subcontracts), which may expand to assignment on multiple projects. May be required to support other procurement duties, including expediting, procurement administration, closeout and proposal development. Receives minimal supervision.
- Prepares contract documents and bidders list.
- Prepares, issues and may manage the bidding process.
- Leads and manages the evaluation process through the distribution of quotations, preparation of the commercial portion of the bid tabulation, and collaboration with engineering and construction regarding the technical and constructability evaluations. Makes recommendations for selected bidder(s) and who to award.
- Leads, and schedules, coordinates and manages the negotiation process. Able to resolve simple and complex commercial terms and conditions exceptions.
- Manages the award and conforming process.
- Able to resolve simple claim or dispute events with vendors.
- May be responsible for soliciting budgetary pricing for equipment, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a non-major project or projects.
- Proficient in the basic functions of the vendor database.
- Trains others in the function of a Procurement Representative, with oversight from Supervisor.
- Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
- May provide input to portions of new and/or revised procedures or documents.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience.
- BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Strong Communication - Written and Oral
- Proficient Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office
- Proficient Contract Comprehension
- Strong Data Entry
- Proficient Mathematics
- Proficient Organizational Skills
- Proficient Problem Solving
- Basic Project Process Management
- Basic Schedule and Planning Understanding
- Communicates effectively
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Drives results
- Manages ambiguity
- Situational adaptability
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation